Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.
technical support? Click here
Undeterred by the fact that Covid-19 restrictions mean Kintyre Agricultural Society (KAS) cannot hold its usual winter show this year, the society is planning to hold a virtual show through its Facebook page during December.
The format would see each exhibitor record a 30-to-40-second film of their animal and send to it to secretary John Armour.
The films would be posted on the KAS Facebook page for public viewing, with a judge appointed for each section. Animals would be shown unhaltered and in a natural state.
The sections are as follows:
- Dairy: Holstein and Ayrshire: Class 1: calf; Class 2: heifer in milk or in calf; Class 3: cow in milk or in calf.
- Beef: Class 1: bullock calf; Class 2: heifer calf; Class 3: cow.
- Clydesdale: Class 1: mare; Class 2: male, Class 3: foal.
- Horse and pony: Class 1: pony 14.2 hands and under; Class 2: horse over 14.2 hands. (There would perhaps also be mounted classes if there was interest.)
- Sheep: Blackfaced, Leicester, Texel, AOB: Class 1: tup; Class 2: ewe/gimmer; Class 3: tup hogg/lamb; Class 4: ewe hogg/lamb.
Entries will be restricted to members only – except horse and ponies – and two entries per class per exhibitor.
Anyone interested in taking part is asked to let the secretary know what entries they intend to have before Saturday November 14, to give the society time to decide what judges are required and put final details in place.
Secretary John Armour can be emailed at email@example.com or telephoned on 01586 810231 during the day or 01586 552404 in the evening.