Want to read more?
At the start of the pandemic in March we took the decision to make online access to our news free of charge by taking down our paywall. At a time where accurate information about Covid-19 was vital to our community, this was the right decision – even though it meant a drop in our income. In order to help safeguard the future of our journalism, the time has now come to reinstate our paywall.
However, rest assured that access to all Covid related news will still remain free.
To access all other news will require a subscription, as it did pre-pandemic.
The good news is that for the whole of December we will be running a special discounted offer to get 3 months access for the price of one month. Thank you for supporting us during this incredibly challenging time.
We value our content and access to our full site is only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards.
Kintyre Agricultural Society (KAS), in conjunction with C&D Marts Longtown, will be holding its annual sheep sale next Saturday, September 19, at 11am at Anderston Park.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, there are guidelines that must be adhered to.
The sale will take place outdoors with no additional visitors admitted other than staff, buyers and sellers.
All sellers and buyers are asked to leave as soon as their business is done.
There will be hand sanitising stations on entry and exit to the sale and at various points around the sale ring. There will no catering or toilet facilities.
In line with guidance from The Institute of Auctioneers and Appraisers in Scotland, KAS is asking for the following rules to be adhered to:
- Only one person per business attends the sale.
- No under 16s should attend.
- All buyers should pre-register with the secretary before the sale.
- 2m social distancing must be observed.
- All those attending must provide contact details – name, address, phone number and email address – before entering the sale. These will be taken at the gate on entry to the sale but to keep things moving, KAS is asking people to hand them over to the gate stewards.
- Vendors, where possible, should have ear numbers of all stock to hand to pass on to market staff on arrival.
- When delivering or collecting stock, wait in vehicles until directed otherwise by a steward.
- Follow all advice from stewards and market staff.
KAS secretary John Armour can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01586 810231 during the day or 01586 552404 in the evening.