Billy’s new look is simply the best

Billy McFadyen sporting his new look.
Billy McFadyen sporting his new look.

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?

 

Subscribe Now

Rangers Football Club supporter Billy McFadyen’s wish came true when it was revealed that the chosen colours his partially shaved head and beard were to be dyed were blue and red.

In celebration of his 60th birthday, Billy carried out a sponsored shave, cutting one half of the hair on his head hair, and the opposite half of his beard.

Billy braved the shave on Saturday, the day of his birthday, and while the online fundraising page will remain open until May 4, the person who had made the biggest single donation by 5pm on Friday was able to choose the colours he would dye the remaining hair.

That happened to be Billy’s cousin, Charles McFadyen, who selected blue and red. The dye was supplied by Numero Dix Hair Salon and at the start of this week, Billy was transformed. He will cut the remaining hair when the fundraising page is closed.

Generous Billy has agreed to treble the amount raised in sponsorship money up to £10,000. He has decided to donate 20 per cent of the total money raised to the Kintyre Community Resilience Group which was set up to provide help and support to people during the COVID-19 pandemic, with the remaining 80 per cent to be split between Kintyre Food Bank and Kintyre Recycling Ltd.

Visit www.givey.com/billymcfadyens60thshave to donate.