Hospital beds reinstated

Want to read more?

We value our content  and access to our full site is  only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards

Already a subscriber?

 

Subscribe Now

The news that four bed spaces which had been cut at Campbeltown Hospital have been reinstated comes as good news for Kintyre, Campbeltown Community Council members said at their meeting last Tuesday night.

Chairman Alan Baker said: ‘Two weeks ago, the beds were moved back. We need to make sure they stay or Campbeltown Hospital will just become Accident and Emergency only.’

Argyll First Councillor Donald Kelly told the Courier this week: ‘I have campaigned long and hard against any further reductions in beds at Campbeltown Hospital. I am therefore delighted to hear this proposal has been withdrawn. It is important we retain additional capacity within the hospital to meet the needs of the wider community.

‘The recent and current situation at Kintyre Care Home is a prime example of why this is required.’

The home had a halt on admissions recently which has just been lifted to allow them again.

Community council members said they were committed to keep up monitoring the number of bed spaces at the hospital.